Guinness Six Nations Rugby
In 2019 Sotic launched a brand new website for Six Nations Rugby to reflect their major new partnership with Guinness and to engage and inspire fans around Rugby’s Greatest Championship.Launch Website
The Six Nations is an annual international rugby union competition between the teams of England, France, Ireland, Italy, Scotland, and Wales, the six highest-ranked teams in Europe.
Sotic have been working with Six Nations Rugby since 2008. In that time, both the digital and sports sponsorship landscapes have shifted considerably and Six Nations Rugby have relied on Sotic’s experience and digital expertise to ensure they have been well placed to take advantage of the digital technology available.
The Six Nations Rugby website, which was redeveloped and launched in 2018, is not just the key tenet of Six Nation’s Rugby’s digital presence, it is also hugely significant to their overall marketing efforts and is a major channel through which their commercial partners, including major brands such as Guinness activate their sponsorship investment.
Highlights of work undertaken for 2018 site launch
- Discovery, scoping and complete redesign of www.sixnationsrugby.com to reflect a major new long-term title partnership with Guinness as well as new strategic partnerships with AWS and Stats.com.
- Build of a mobile-first, responsive website on the WordPress CMS in three languages, English, French and Italian with an improved user experience.
- Integration with a new statistical partner (Stats.com) in addition to two existing partners SFMS and Opta.
- Development of functionality to deliver a personalised broadcaster listing experience for website users.
- Fully integrated liveblogging platform combining social, video, editorial and commentary to enrich the matchday experience online with an enhancement of the live match centre with the addition of game notes.
- Creation of a broadcast hub mixing content sources such as news, video, editorial, photography, previews, reports and statistics from across the six nations participating to make www.sixnationsrugby.com the only destinations fans need for their team and championship news.
Visitors per minute
Growth in traffic from organic search
Number of languages the website is available in
- Creation of new branded content opportunities enabling Six Nations Rugby to maximise commercial partnerships with Match Data and Game Notes sponsored by AWS.
- Increased profile for the Six Nations broadcasters (broadcast revenue represents 75% of the tournament’s total income) with personalised broadcast listings for users based on location.
- Increased Six Nations Rugby database signups with a 55% email opt-in rate using our fan engagement tool for competitions, quizzing and polling.
We are delighted to have a new look website for the 2019 Championship. We have worked with Sotic for the past 10 years and have enjoyed a great partnership. Sotic have managed to deal with the short lead in time and overall the process has been very smooth throughout. We look forward to the website breaking new records this coming Championship.Digital Manager, Guinness Six Nations Rugby